Why Buy Land?
One of the main reasons to buy land today - it's a buyer's market! It won't remain that way forever as the
economy continues to improve, so if you are in a position to buy in today's market then time is of the essence.
Consider these reasons to buy land -
- Land is tangible - it has a physical presence, unlike stocks and bonds that can be enjoyed for generations
- Land is limited in supply - there is a finite supply and as the population continues to grow so will land values
- Land has multiple uses - can be used for recreation, farming, timber, for a home building site and much more
- Land appreciates in value - doubles about every decade - you can't depreciate land only buildings on the land
Selecting the Right Land -
- Location - unless you're planning to relocate, make sure it is within a realistic driving distance from home
- Quality - depending on the reason for buying land, the quality could affect the price and future value
- Access - depending on your planned use for the land, land on maintained roads will cost more
- Utilities - electric service is not always available to all land so don't assume - ask and verify
Buy at the Right Price -
- Everyone has an asking price and everything is negotiable. Some properties are over priced and some are priced right to sell sooner than later. They are based on the current market and taking into consideration all
features and benefits offered by the land.
- It must fit - your plans and budget. If you have a realistic budget for the investment and you know what your plan is for the land then it's a matter of time to find the right land and schedule a site visit to walk the land and verify that it fits.
Some famous real estate quotes that still hold true today:
"Don't wait to buy land, buy land and wait."
"Buy land, they're not making it anymore."Mark Twain
"The best investment on earth is earth."Louis Glickman
"The major fortunes in America have been made in land."John D. Rockefeller
"Real estate cannot be lost or stolen, nor can it be carried away. Purchased with common sense, paid for in full and managed with reasonable care, it is about the safest investment in the world."Franklin D. Roosevelt
Time is money and we all have only so much of each. Let our staff at New York Land Quest invest their time in helping you find the right land at the right price in today's market. If we don't currently have listed a property that fits your plan, go to www.nylandwanted.comor call 877-257-0617 anytime to discuss.